The first in an occasional series of things that I now know that I didn’t know before.
- Broadcaster and wine critic Oz Clarke once played the role of Sweeney Todd in the musical Sweeney Todd.
- Harry Shearer once dated Ruby Wax who is in a show called Losing It with Judith Owen who is Harry Shearer’s wife.
- Actor Simon Callow requested a nose hair trimmer as his luxury when he was a guest on Desert Island Discs in 2000.
- When Hugh Jackman hosted the Oscars his father saw little of his son’s performance as his gaze was fixed on the chest of the lady sat next to him. He was sat next to Sophia Loren.
- Neither the Giant Tortoise nor the Malteser have a Latin name.
- John Hodgman appeared on Battlestar Galactica and the internet was not amused.